It's nearly the end of the month and the bills are due. Your last paycheck has stretched as far as it's going to stretch and you can't even guess how you'll cover the rent, student loan and still find money for groceries. You have a good full-time job with great benefits but it's still not enough to pay the bills and save some extra. According to a 2017 report by CareerBuilder, about 78% of American workers are living paycheck to paycheck.
Or maybe your full-time job is paying the bills just fine, money isn't a worry but you have a passion you want to pursue part-time, something you can make your own.
According to a 2017 Bankrate study, 44 million Americans have a side hustle. I wrote about side hustles recently and I've been talking to a few people who have been running their own side hustles which lead me to some resources for you if you're looking into starting your own side hustle.
This is the Side Hustle Revolution - a video from TED.com by Nicaila Matthews Okome
- 70+ Ways to Make Money on the Side - the folks over at Budgets are Sexy have a round-up of 70+ money-making ideas. While not every idea will work for a true side hustle and not every money-making idea will suit your lifestyle, this is a great place to start.
- This Couple Figured Out a Way to Make Thousands Reselling Trader Joe's 'Everything But the Bagel' Seasoning. Here's How - retail arbitrage is not for everyone but here's an example of how one couple made it work.
- Buy Low, Sell Prime - from NPR's PlanetMoney, some other examples of the sometimes muddy water of retail arbitrage.
- The Most Lucrative Side Hustles - the folks over at The Hustle did a survey of their readers asking about side hustles. The results are based on 3,560 responses from a survey sent out to The Hustle email list between October 3-8, 2018.
- Side Hustles to Make You Money Immediately - 5 ideas to make money quickly and some others that may take a few months to generate income.
- These are the 25 Highest Paying Side Hustles - according to Money.com
- Your 12 Month Guide to Building Your Side Hustle This Year - you don't have to start in January to put this 12 month plan into action
- Side Hustles: The good, the bad and the ugly - a good reminder that not all side hustles are awesome. Find a side hustle that works for your personality, lifestyle and goals.
- 11 Side Hustles for People Who Hate People - or more to the point, for introverts who get drained by being around people all day - it's just too... peopley sometimes...
Next week, we have an interview with a side hustler with a seasonal side hustle that's been reliably bringing in several thousand dollars in extra income every year for the past 5 years.
Are you all fired up and ready to launch your own side hustle? Start here by finding your perfect domain name.
Do you already have a side hustle that's bringing in a few hundred a month or more? Let me know, we might feature your side hustle in a future blog post.