Squarespace is an amazing, all-in-one site builder that makes top-end web design accessible to everyone. Seriously, with no skill going in, you’ll be able to build sites, stores, photo galleries, and blogs in minutes. It’s that intuitive.
What’s not quite as intuitive though is the domain setup. We pride ourselves in providing one-click installs to a ton of platforms, but sometimes there’s an extra step involved that can turn that one click into a bunch of clicks. Have no fear though, with this short guide, you’ll have your domain working with your Squarespace site in no time.
- Start your Squarespace site
- Go to Settings > Domains > Connect Third-Party Domain
- Enter your domain name
- Select iwantmyname from the Domain Provider list
- Click okay
- Copy your verification code (it’s right under Host)
- Add Squarespace to your domain in iwantmyname
- Paste your verification code
- Back to Squarespace, hit refresh
- You’re all done!
1. Start your Squarespace site
Get started with Squarespace by clicking Get Started on the Squarespace homepage, choosing a template, then clicking the Start With This Design button. There are a couple quick questions you can answer after that, or you can skip them for now.
2. Go to Settings > Domains > Connect Third-Party Domain
From Squarespace’s side navigation, click Settings > Domains > Connect a Third-Party Domain
3. Enter your domain name
Enter your domain name in the Domain Name field provided.
4. Select iwantmyname from the Domain Provider list
Select iwantmyname from the Domain Provider dropdown list. Click Connect Domain.
5. Click okay
Squarespace is now linking your domain. Click okay.
6. Copy your verification code (it's right under Host)
Copy that long string of letters and numbers listed first under the Host column (it’ll look somehting like: abcde1fg2h3ijk4lmn5o). This is the verification code you’ll add in the iwantmyname dashboard.
7. Add Squarespace to your domain in iwantmyname
Open a new window and log into your iwantmyname account, then head to the Squarespace app setup page. Click Add Squarespace.
8. Paste your verification code
You’ve already signed up for squarespace, so now add the verification code to the ‘Unique verification code’ input. Then click Install Squarespace.
9. Back to Squarespace, hit refresh
Back on your Squarespace window, if you click Refresh, everything should now say Correct. Sometimes it takes a bit (up to a few hours) for these things to work through the internet though, so don’t be alarmed if things don’t look correct right away. Just jump to the next step.
10. You're all done!
You’re all done! Have fun building your Squarespace site!