The last part of our Domain Statistics & Numbers article series shows the ranking of country code top-level domains:
- How many top-level domain name extensions exist in total?
- How many domains are registered worldwide?
- What are the Top 10 global domain extensions?
- How big are the generic top-level domain (gTLD) namespaces?
- What is the ranking of my country code top-level domain (ccTLD)?
.DE Takes Lead Again in ccTLD Race
Ever wondered where your country domain extension sits in the global marketplace? It’s a little bit like Formula One, with nations jockeying constantly for supremacy. Recently German suffix .DE pipped China’s .CN domain to a pole position with slightly more registrations. That’s good news for iwantmyname because we are about to launch a German language version of our highly successful domain management platform.
Below is a handy reference list showing which ccTLDs are most popular:
- .DE (Germany) - 13.05 million
- .CN (China) - 12.54 million
- .UK (United Kingdom) - 7.83 million
- .NL (Netherlands) - 3.51 million
- .EU (European Union) - 2.98 million
- .RU (Russia) - 2.31 million
- .TK (Tokelau) - 1.97 million
- .AR (Argentina) - 1.85 million
- .BR (Brazil) - 1.81 million
- .IT (Italy) - 1.72 million
- .US (USA) - 1.63 million
- .PL (Poland) - 1.53 million
- .FR (France) - 1.5 million
- .AU (Australia) - 1.47 million
- .CH (Switzerland) - 1.31 million
- .CA (Canada) - 1.26 million
- .ES (Spain) - 1.22 million
- .JP (Japan) - 1.11 million
- .KR (Korea) - 1.04 million
- .DK (Denmark) - 1 million
- .BE (Belgium) - 942,000
- .SE (Sweden) - 895,000
- .AT (Austria) - 876,000
- .CZ (Czech Republic) - 591,000
- .IN (India) - 510,000
- .HU (Hungary) - 450,000
- .NO (Norway) - 439,000
- .TW (Taiwan) - 425,000
- .NZ (New Zealand) - 366,000
- .MX (Mexico) - 353,000
- .PT (Portugal) - 314,000
- .CL (Chile) - 257,000
- .FI (Finland) - 200,000
- .HK (Hongkong) - 178,000
- .TR (Turkey) - 133,000
Source: DomainesInfo Statistiques